My daughter likes to stand on a stool and “help” me in the kitchen. If she’s near the microwave, I unplug it. That’s because while she’s “helping” she likes to open and shut the door. She likes to hit the buttons. She also likes to put things inside of it like my keys, my cell phone, whatever is on or near the microwave. Hence, we unplug the thing to eliminate the danger.
However, last night I was so consumed with chopping broccoli, that I forgot to unplug it. In went my cell phone, on went the microwave, and out came a cooked phone that didn’t work. Luckily, my husband, not consumed by broccoli chopping, walked by and stopped the process a few seconds in. Still, it was enough to kill my poor phone.
2 lessons learned in this story: 1) keep your kid away from the microwave 2) don’t cook your phone, not even for a few seconds.
Popularity: 1% [?]